Thursday, April 15, 2010
SchoolTube Videos: EDU 675
I watched a video about bullying which was on the website when it opened. It was created by a student and although it was short and simply made, it was effective in getting the point across to students that bullying should never be accepted and needs to stop. Then I searched 'tardy', which is a problem that is continuing to get worse at my school. I watched four different videos that addressed this issue. There were videos that were applicable to every school and some that were more specifically made to inform students of a policy at their particular school. Overall, I can see two ways to use this site. One, showing these short videos would get a point across in an interesting and engaging way to students. Secondly, having students make and then share their own video on a subject or problem that was happening at school would educate them more and allow them to share their view. Having students create videos would also make more of an impact on the other students in the school who would watch them, seeing familiar faces or names. I thought this website was valuable and would appeal to students as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment